ArtsGourmet was created to promote the arts by improving the ability of potential audience members to discover events of interest to them which are to be performed during a time that fits their schedule and at a convenient location.
Advantages for Arts Organizations
- Listing is affordable to those with even the most limited advertising budgets (particularly advantageous for local events with small audiences)
- Event managers have full control over their listings. After registering as a Publisher on ArtsGourmet they can submit, review, and edit their listings on their own computer.
- Listings for an entire season may be entered at once and edited as necessary throughout the season.
- Unlike most advertising media which rely on accidental discovery (or tracked browser use), ArtsGourmet is designed to assist someone who is actively looking for a particular event type at a time and location suitable to them.
Advantages for Users
- The site has been designed to reduce the time required to discover events of interest to an absolute minimum.
- There is no requirement for registration in order to search the database for events.
- There are no cookies or popups.
- ArtsGourmet presents unique capabilities for planning to attend events.
- Event categories can be filtered by a desired time period to quickly reveal possible choices.
- Searches can be refined by specifying the radius of an area centered on an address to find events of interest even in an unfamiliar location.
- The range of types and genres of events is exceptionally broad and conducive to exploring events that would likely go unnoticed without the search features of ArtsGourmet.
ArtsGourmet has been developed and funded by a member of the Carlisle Chamber Orchestra.
ArtsGourmet.org is currently operating as a non-profit under the umbrella of the Carlisle Chamber Orchestra while it is applying for its own status as a tax exempt nonprofit organization under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code.